Contact Form

 

Using a custom Domain on Byeyhost

Byethost is one the hosting sites which offer free web hosting services to users. It is quite hectic to set up a website with them since they have lots of restrictions in their services. I understand it is because they avoid the misuse by scams who take advantage of the free service. Now imagine of a case where you have a custom domain name and you want to use it on your site. How can you go about it, bearing in mind that they give a custom subdomain which can not be changed. I managed to map my website www.utamu.org on my custom domain and now I no longer use the subdomain they gave. This was after submitting lots of support tickets and hours of thinking. It is easy
1. change the URL of all your links in your site from their subdomain to the name of your domain.
2. Add the domain on the control panel as a parked domain and park it to the subdomain they have given you.
Try accessing  the website and it will we working well with your domain name.
 Now you may not have wanted to change your name servers to theirs then there is a way. I use my own custom name servers and I still have my site mapped and working. This is what you have to do.
1. Contact them with a support ticket asking them on h ow to use a custom name server and how to configure A records on your domain registrar. They will reply with a certain IP address which you can enter in your A records and your site will still be working. Do not forget to park the domain after that to your sub domain. otherwise it may fail.

Total comment

Author

Nicholas Kimulu

0   comments

What is your take on it?

Cancel Reply